Sunday Evenings from 5:30 until 7:00
AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) is based on 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” The goal of AWANA is to reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him. AWANA Clubs provide a fun, engaging approach to learning and remembering God’s word through exciting Bible-centered games, crafts, and other activities.
Have you always wanted your child to beg you to come to church? Enroll him or her in AWANA and you will begin to experience this phenomenon. Our trained volunteers provide a great time of Scripture memory, worship, and recreation. The program is known worldwide for its effectiveness in reaching children with the Gospel of Christ. Our church would love to have your family be a part of this exciting program.
Our clubs span the ages of two-year-olds to sixth grade boys and girls. They are split into seven different groups by age. Here are our clubs:
Puggles is an enriching program for pre-Cubbies kids (2-year-olds) that presents the basic biblical concepts that we are a unique creation of God, and God loves us very much. Puggles teaches toddlers simple lessons through teaching cards, activities, music and more. Leaders have a leader’s guidebook to help them plan and direct club time and communicate the lesson. Then parents—a Puggle’s first and best teacher—can step in to reinforce the lessons with take-home cards that include ideas to point out God’s work each day.
Cubbies is a program designed for children age three through pre-kindergarten. Games, puppets, crafts, awards, and other activities make for a lively experience where fun and learning go hand-in-hand. Bible-centered handbooks and activities help build a solid understanding of the basics of Christianity at an early age. Parents are active participants in their child’s spiritual development, helping to nurture them in the basics of God’s love and His plan of salvation. After only two years, your child will have learned 55 memory verses. Your child will reap many benefits from his/her involvement in this exciting program.
The Sparks program is the club for children who are in kindergarten through second grade and is firmly grounded in Scripture. There is a club for each grade level of Sparks. The three handbooks feature.
* Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible.
* An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over the preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review over 96 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine.
* Clear and consistent presentation of the Gospel message. Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for each kid who attends.
Sparks Club meetings are divided into three segments:
* Sparkle Time! – Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the Gospel message.
* Handbook Time! – Small group interaction and completion of Bible based lessons.
* Game Circle Time! – Age appropriate games on the game circle.
Truth & Training
The name Truth and Training, reflects the passion of AWANA to teach third through sixth grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. T &T (Truth and Training) is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish the goal of getting kids excited about God’s Word:
* Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
* A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks.
* Weekly meetings that expose children to the Gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut busting fun.
* A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their hearts and apply the truth of Scripture to their daily lives.
There are some costs associated with participation in clubs.
* Dues – Dues are 50 cents per week
* Uniforms – Uniforms range in price from $10 to $15
* Books – All handbooks for all clubs are $10
Scholarships are available for those who may have difficulty purchasing these items. Please see Bro. Michael (the “Commander”), and he will be glad to help!
A registration form, including medical release, must be submitted for each child for the new Awana year. Pre-registration has begun. You may register your child now using our convenient online Clubber Registration Form or TREK Registration Form for 7th-8th grade. A downloadable form is available too. (Clubbers or TREK)
Check-In and Pick-Up
All clubbers are required to check in with their club secretaries upon arrival to club. Cubbies are to be picked up in their respective rooms at the end of the club night by parents or anyone designated by the parent. Sparks can be picked up in the Salt House, and Truth & Training will finish in the Family Life Center.
We are in need of extra helping hands in the preschool Cubbies program! If you would like to help, you must register, either by using our convenient online form, or by downloading, printing and completing the AwanaWorkerRegForm and turning it in to Bro. Michael or the church office.
Schedule / Special Events
August 19 AWANA Club starts
August 26 NO CLUB Crimson Gospel
September 2 NO CLUB LABOR Day
September 16 What Do You Want to be? Theme Night
October 14 Western Roundup /Food Drive Theme Night
November 11 Parent Night Theme Night
November 18 Last AWANA before Christmas Break &
Nov. 25–January 6 NO CLUB Christmas Break
Note: – There will be a variety of special theme nights throughout the club year. Your clubber is encouraged to come dressed in theme night attire.
Learn more about our AWANA program.If you are interested in working in AWANA, please contact Michael by calling 876-0527 ext. 111 or by email.
PLEASE NOTE: AWANA meets only during the school year and is currently on break for the month of December. AWANA will end with AWANA Awards Night in May.