Procedures for Small Group Resuming on September 13
Preschool Ministry Procedures
LOFT Children’s Ministry Procedures
JYM Small Group Procedures
Update on our Senior Pastor
What to expect:
8:30 Service / 65+ Service – What to Expect
9:30 & 11:00 Service – What to Expect
First Baptist Church Joelton family and friends,
On Sunday we announced our plans to return to campus on June 14th. Originally, we had planned to return on June 14th, but following a discussion in our weekly FBCJ ministerial staff meeting, we are excited to share that we will open the doors of the campus SUNDAY MORNING, JUNE 7th.
On Sunday, June 7th, you will have three opportunities to join us for Worship. Services will be held at:
8:30 am 65+, in the Salt House, for those who choose to attend.
9:30 am Worship Center
11:00 am Worship Center
All services will follow CDC Guidelines for churches and practice social distancing. Below are just some of the things you can expect.
1. Those who are symptomatic, have a fever, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or have traveled internationally or to a domestic hot spot in the past two weeks should stay home.
2. Vulnerable populations (everyone 65 years and older, people with disabilities, people with serious respiratory or cardiovascular conditions, people who are immunocompromised) are encouraged to stay home and live-stream services.
3. Social Distancing recommendations will be encouraged (6ft rule). Please no congregating in the foyer and hallways.
4. Face Coverings/Masks are recommended, but not required. Masks will be provided for those that need them.
5. Church pews will be designated for each service. Ushers will seat everyone as they arrive.
6. We will ensure seating is spaced out, allowing household units to sit together. Families should sit together.
7. Greeters will be stationed at exterior doors and open them as people arrive. Interior doors will be propped open.
8. Greeting times with hugs and handshakes will be suspended.
9. Tithes/Offerings can be deposited into the provided box. Ushers will also stand at the exits with offering plates at the end of services so that you may drop off your tithes/offerings.
10. When observing the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper, we will do so safely.
11. At the end of each service, everyone will be dismissed, following an organized exit strategy.
12. Signage will be posted identifying hand sanitizer stations.
13. Restroom capacity will be limited.
14. Worship Center pews will be disinfected before and in-between services. High touch areas and bathrooms will be wiped down regularly.
For the time being, Preschool Childcare and Children’s activities, as well as Middle and High School activities, will not gather in person. We will only gather for worship.
We hope you will join us on Sunday. We look forward to seeing you!!!
First Baptist Church Joelton has suspended Sunday Morning Small Groups, and all Sunday evening and Wednesday evening activities at this time.
Devotions from Brother David
- Swap ‘Til You Drop – Cancelled
- Upward Basketball Awards Night – Cancelled
- Father-Daughter Ball – Postponed
- The Jews for Jesus presentation cancelled for 2020.
- VBS – Cancelled
- Centri-kid Camp and The Crossings Camp – Cancelled for 2020
- PATH Preschool/Mother’s Day Out will be out until further notice.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Precautions from the CDC – Centers for Disease Control
Below are protective measures that are recommended…
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alchol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick • Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
It is important for us not to become captivated by fear as we’re reminded in 2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.“